Wednesday 21 May 2008

Forewarning

"But I can warn them about it" She said, after I had explained, "Or at least warn their parents and they can warn their parents".

I agreed, "Yes, you can, and that's completely up to you, but you're not going to be able to warn everyone, even if you do nothing else for the rest of your life except warn people you're never going to reach everyone. Does that matter?"

"Of course it matters, but what about my family, I should save them if I can and if YOU want to save everyone else why don't YOU warn them, even if you can't stop the rock!"

"I don't want to save everyone, or anyone, in fact. I don't want them to die. I think it's easier if I just explain that I don't want. Anything. I'm observing, experiencing, understanding, working out, guessing, making it up as I go along. But there are rules I've put in place to make all of this hang together. I CAN DO anything I want to, but once I start fiddling with the basics I met as well not bother. I mean what's the point, if you're just going to cheat?" I only said some of this out loud, I didn't want her thinking I'm capricious, because I'm not but she was in an anxious state and I didn't want to make her feel neglected."

No comments: