Monday 3 March 2008

In the beginning...

It feels like I’m all alone out here, just me and my thoughts rattling around, would be good if I had something to pre-occupy myself with. Although should I be pre-occupying myself? Surely that’s a distraction from what I should be doing. But what is that? What should I do? I should probably be out there having a life.

I’ve been thinking about this for some considerable time now and there are a number of possibilities, some of them are really short-term solutions, others are longer term. All my ideas are a bit vague at the moment though. I suppose I just want to find out who I am. Just to be me, which is a lot more difficult than it might sound because I’ve not really done very much, I’m quite young and I don’t really have any frames of reference.

I think I’ll just go with the flow and see what happens in discovering myself and what I’m about.

But maybe I shouldn’t start too quickly. Maybe a little tidying up first, whenever you should be doing something tidying up is normally a good distraction. And to do this properly you have to pull everything out and start from scratch.

For a start it’s pitch black and I can’t see a bloody thing - so I suppose the ultimate starting point is switching the light on.

No comments: